Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Christmas Blizzard of 2009


It's the big one. A huge snowstorm has arrived. Our long wait is over. It's 10:30 in the morning with the heavy snow just starting and there's already more than 8 inches on the ground. Weathermen are predicting up to 2 feet. Bliss!!

I've got the fire going, the Christmas music playing. We've got nowhere to go. So, we have a very cozy day ahead of us. It's like God hit the "pause button." My son Danny was scheduled to come home from college today, but, instead, he's going sledding on the Gettysburg Battlefield. I'm envious, but so glad he will have that experience. I told him to take pictures.

This almost the perfect storm. It's only flaw is that it occurred on the weekend.

And, in case you're saying, "Right, wait until you have to shovel!" Not to worry. My neighbor has already come by with the first pass with his snowblower.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: