Sunday, October 05, 2008

Edinburgh Discussion

I would like to relay what was probably the funniest moment of the evening during the discussion in Edinburgh. It was during the question period after the opening remarks.

A questioner asked where to get information beyond the mainstream media if someone wanted to be deeply informed. I explained that I get much good information from blogs and there are blogs on both sides of the aisle that I would recommend.

I said, "My favorite blogger is Andrew Sullivan who is interesting because he's a gay Republican Catholic who is head over heels for Obama."

Sir Christopher leaned into his microphone and said deadpan in a stage whisper, "So to speak..."

The audience erupted and I turned red.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, it's okay. You too are allowed to have a Joe Biden moment.