Sunday, January 09, 2011

Sleepless in BVI

It was a somewhat restless night. Very rollicky on the boat. something called the traveler was banging for a good part of the night until Dave finally got up about 4 am and fixed it. He spent the night sleeping on deck. I did another stargaze at 5 am. The big dipper was above in a very different configuration that I'm used to seeing up north. Also, it's not as well defined as up north and is more obscured by the other stars that are not visible in areas with more light pollution.

The banging didn't really keep me awake, but the rolling affected my dreams. I had a very vivid dream that I was watching a Red Sox game with my wife, Rita, when an earthquake hit. I dreamed the earthquake would not stop, kept rolling and rolling and created a giant mound in front of my house. The dream actually woke me up to the real life rolling.

-- Post From My IPad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.... So cool... I can relate to the Sox references... they are always on our mind. Have fun and be safe!

Unknown said...

Bill,

It was probably the rum speaking to you.

David